INTRODUCTORY FLIGHTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All quoted flight times are approximate and may vary either way on the day of the flight due to volume of air
traffic or other operational reasons.
- Flights are subject to weather conditions and aircraft serviceability and, as a result flights are subject to
cancellation at short notice. Welshpool Flying School Ltd will not be held responsible for the costs of travel,
accommodation or any other associated costs should your flight be cancelled for any reason, including
aeroplane non-serviceability or poor weather.
- A minimum age of 12 years is required for all Introductory Flights.
- Weight restrictions apply – please contact us before your flight if above 16 Stone / 102Kgs.
- We require at least 24 hours notice for cancellation. Failure to attend a scheduled booking will incur a minimum charge of £20.
- We are unable to refund the cost of the flight voucher under any circumstances. The vouchers are however,
transferable providing we are notified in writing at least 24 hours before the flight.
- Welshpool Flying School Ltd shall not be liable for any expenses incurred from flight cancellations due to
- If the voucher has expired it is still possible to redeem at an extra cost of £35.00 payable on the day of the flight.
- For obvious reasons, all participants should ensure that they are in good health and if in doubt should seek the
medical advice of their GP.
- The Instructor, as Captain of the aircraft can, at his/her discretion may refuse any person on board the aircraft
if he suspects them to have consumed alcohol or drugs within the previous 24 hours.
- Additionally any abusive behaviour to any member of staff will result in the cancellation of any flight and voucher without refund.
- It should be noted that any participants failing to take their confirmed flight render the voucher invalid unless 7
Days written notice of cancellation has been given. In the event of the flight being cancelled by us, then your
Flight Voucher remains valid until the expiry date shown, and will be rebooked for a mutually convenient date.
- Whilst every precaution is taken for the safety of passengers neither the owner/operator can be held liable for
the loss, damage or injury which does not result from their negligence.
- Participants wishing to take cameras and other photographic equipment on the flight do so entirely at their own
- A fuel surcharge may be applicable at the point of booking if the price of aviation fuel is affected by any
changes in EU Tax regulations or any other significant increase within the UK exceeding 10% during the
- A student, introductory flight or private hire no show without giving prior notice of 24 hours will incur a minimum fee of £30.00 or up to the value of the booked flight (this may be waived if the cancellation is due to illness and the school are notified by 08:45, e-mail or voicemail is acceptable notice but illness may need to be verified).
- A deposit for the value of the booked slot is required for any new student booking or new private hire booking, a cancellation with less than 24 hours notice by telephone will incur loss of the deposit.
- Any flights that are not recorded correctly on block time, when solo or private hire will incur a cost of double the unrecorded hourly costs. A repeat occurrence will incur a ban from flying at the school.
Refunds of Course Fees
(not applicable to Introductory Flight Vouchers)
Course cancellations received within the 14-day cancellation period for on-line bookings of courses will be entitled to a full refund.
Cancellations received after the 14-day cancellation period or for courses paid for on the premises before the start date of the course will be entitled to a refund or fee reduction as follows:
- Where payment has been made in full, the student will normally be eligible to a 75% refund of course fees after adjustments for discounts and other unpaid fees.
- Where payment is by instalment, the remaining instalments will not be taken.
- Any application fee charged, or exam fees charged are not refundable.
- Course materials taken from site and used will be charged.
Cancellations received after the start date of the course, or withdrawals from an ongoing course, will not be eligible for a refund. Payments for any remaining course fees will be taken according to the agreed instalment schedule.
All costs incurred by a student must be settled if they discontinue training. Requests for records to be transferred will not be accepted until all costs have been settled.
Where a student wishes to cancel a course and transfer to another, the standard refund policy will normally apply and the fees for the chosen course must be paid in full (i.e. booked a full PPL but now request LAPL).
In the case of exceptional circumstances, a student can appeal for a refund for part of the course fees by sending details and documentary evidence to support their case to the Director.